How Psychic Attack Finds Its “In” & 4 Steps You Can Take to Stop It
I did a live stream on this topic on Periscope today, but I felt it was important enough that I wanted to discuss it in greater detail.
What is Psychic Attack?
In essence, it’s when you’re being adversely affected and/or harmed by a foreign energy (though technically you CAN psychically attack yourself). This foreign energy could be a spirit, a thought form, a hex or curse, someone’s bad vibes or ill-intentions that are fixated on or directed specifically towards you, being exposed to intense or violent emotional energy that has a lower or harmful nature (like road rage or someone’s unintentional outburst), or when someone is psychically bullying you.
Psychic attack is often not intentional, in that the person who is guilty of psychically attacking you isn’t aware that their thoughts, feelings, or desires are directly impacting you. Unfortunately, as awareness of this phenomenon grows, I’m seeing more and more people perpetuating this behavior intentionally, which is sad and at times downright creepy.
What are Symptoms of Psychic Attack?
They can range from the spiritual to the physical:
- Nightmares, night terrors
- irrational moods/feelings/fears/worries
- the feeling of a “dark cloud” following you around
- a heaviness on your heart or soul
- not feeling like yourself
- intense fatigue or depression that had a quick onset for no apparent reason
- an eerie or creepy feeling that you’re being watched or not alone
- experiencing frequent hardships/mishaps/accidents/setbacks
Here’s what NOT to do:
Avoid going into fear, blaming other people, deciding that you’re cursed/a victim/powerless, or a bad person, or that the other person or spirit is bad, omnipotent, omnipresent or someone/thing that you have to hide from, counter-attack, or destroy.
Quite simply because you’re then giving them/it more of your power, which only works against you.
DO this instead:
Find their “in”, and then refuse permission. It’s repeated in spiritual circles over and over again that something can only harm you if you allow it. This is true, but what exactly does that mean? And how do you stop allowing it if you’re not conscious of having given permission in the first place? Here’s some tips:
- Look at your shadow. Years ago when I was learning spirit extraction and release, as well as clearing energy, reversing curses, etc. (yes I still do clearings, no I no longer deal in curses), a shaman I worked with shared that entities and attachments find their way into our energy fields through our shadows (meaning our shadow selves). Our shadow selves are the darker aspects of our whole selves. Our fears, shames, limiting beliefs, judgments, hatred, harmful desires, lusts, deviancies, etc. are all a part of our shadows.
Now your shadow is an integral part of being human, there’s no getting away from it, but what gives psychic attack it’s “in” is when it triggers an insecurity. Plenty of psychic attack or malevolent energy can bounce right off you, but if it hits you in a weak spot, so to speak, that’s when it scores a hit.
- Identify your insecurity or weak spot - otherwise referred to as its “in” or back door. This is where your personal power comes into play: Rather than engaging with it, take a look at it, ferret out the insecurity and its underlying fear, and then take steps to resolve it. Depending on what the insecurity/fear is, it could take time to heal, resolve, or release it, but the good news is that once the insecurity has come into your awareness, you’ve found the attacker’s “in”. This puts you in the position of deciding what to do about it, rather than letting it run freely under your radar.
- Refuse permission. When you realize that you’re being psychically attacked, and you’ve become aware of it’s “in”, then you have two choices: either react fearfully, or respond with authority. Take a deep breath, ground yourself, and then take the latter choice.
Consciously (either out loud or internally, but keep it private) acknowledge the attack, acknowledge the insecurity that it’s triggered, and express gratitude to the attacker for bringing the insecurity to your attention, because now you can heal/resolve/release it. Affirm that the attacker has now served their higher purpose, they no longer have permission to enter, the back door is firmly closed and locked, and the energy can now be dissolved and resolved into Divine light. You’ve got this.
- Work with crystal allies. Work with sodalite (self-awareness, self-knowledge, attunement) and mangano calcite (acceptance, nurturing love, gentle healing) while identifying and working through your insecurity. You can also wear what I refer to a “psychic shield” in my book: black tourmaline (shields the aura), fluorite (cloaks the aura), labradorite (shields the heart chakra), blue kyanite (repels harmful thoughts/intentions), and either black obisidian (repels intentional harmful energy, like curses, ill-wishing, etc.) or jet (for empaths who feel particularly vulnerable, it absorbs energy in your stead).
On a final note, please, please, PLEASE, don’t judge or blame your insecurity or your shadow for making you vulnerable to harm! They’re vital parts of your human essence, and as their function is to catalyze your growth, they’re a beautiful and worthwhile part of who you are and of your life experience. Everything in creation has a higher purpose, even psychic attack, if we choose to see it that way.
A psychic attacker might be trying to do you harm, but if you exercise your authority over the matter, they’re actually doing you a favor. You don’t have to send them a box of chocolates, but the good news is that you don’t have to suffer their intentions, either.