How to Have a Transcendental Experience with Crystals
I love doing psychic/spiritual work in the summer. I find that I’m in a dreamy state and open to new experiences more (than usual, lol!). I also tend to spend a greater amount of time outside during the warmer months, enhancing my connection to nature and to the elemental spirits that surround us.
For years my crystal work has been focused on healing, but that’s really only one part of working with crystals. In the past while I’ve become increasingly fascinated by the self and spiritual development/expansion work we can do with crystal energy.
Why? The more we shift our perspectives, the more we gain wisdom. As our self and spiritual awareness expands, there becomes a greater possibility for us to shift our paradigms (the stories or structures of our reality) and create the opportunity for radical, positive change and evolution.
While I was working in my Akashic Records this morning, I asked for a juicy crystal topic to share, and my guides suggested the following exercise: how to have a transcendental experience using specific crystals. Sounded pretty juicy to me!
I’ve always been a practical kind of gal (as many of you know!), so I asked why this would be helpful to people. The response was that by having such experiences, we move out of our daily stories and perceptions of our (separated) selves and come in contact/reunite with that which is greater, divine, and whole (as in oneness). This has an alchemical effect on our own subatomic structure, infusing us with more light and awakening greater levels of consciousness.
In less fancy terms: transcendental experience gives us a sense of something more, of our greater possibility. It helps us to feel that we’re not alone. It adds a layer of magic to our lives.
Now transcendental experience can be a terrifying prospect for some. Remember that there are different kinds of fear: that which keeps us small and stuck, that which signals a step outside of our comfort zone, or that which warns us from experiencing real harm. If you feel fear when contemplating this work, ask yourself which fear you’re experiencing, and then what the loving response would be to that fear.
If you’re not ready for this, that’s totally ok. In fact, I consider it paramount that you always honor your truth and your process.
But f you are ready, then please read on!
To do this work you will need:
- One piece of celestite the size from a golf ball to a deck of cards (1.5”-4”).
- A piece each of pink kunzite, blue topaz or “market” citrine (often unlovingly referred to as “baked amethyst”. Natural citrine is too grounding for this work), and moldavite, all roughly the size of a quarter (1”).
- A large piece, or several smaller pieces of smoky quartz (making up the size of roughly 2.5”-3”).
*If you have questions about crystal substitutions, you can ask me in the comments below.*
- Clear the space in your room with sacred smoke (either sage, copal, frankincense, palo santo, or another material sacred to your land).
- Either set an alarm or arrange for someone to gently nudge you if you go past your set determined amount of time.
- I recommend allowing for at least 30 minutes to do this work, but as I wrote in my book “Change Your Energy: Healing Crystals for Health, Wealth, Love & Luck”, I had a transcendental experience in under five minutes. It all depends on how quickly and deeply you can allow yourself to relax. If soothing music helps you, go for it, but I caution against using lit candles as they can be a potential fire hazard.
- It’s very important that after this kind of work you ground yourself: eat something, drink some water, cuddle your fur baby, go for a walk, earth, and/or grab hold of some hematite for a while.
- Lie down and begin by placing the smoky quartz(s) at your root chakra, the celestite at your solar plexus chakra, the blue topaz or citrine on your third eye chakra, and the moldavite at your crown chakra. Set an intention for your work. Invite protective guides or guardians to accompany you if you choose. Close your eyes, relax, and let yourself drift.
- Allow your experience to happen without expectation.
- When you feel ready to come back, deepen your breathing, wiggle your fingers and toes, take a nice stretch, then remove the crystals from your crown down. It helps to sit with your feet flat on the floor and stomp them a few times before standing.
Please note that the smoky quartz is essential! This helps strengthen your connection to your body and the earth. So if you end up astral traveling, levitating, or journeying to another dimension (this has all happened!), don’t panic, the smoky quartz helps you come right back to your body. You’re like Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz”: imagine yourself back home in your body, and you’ll be home. And hopefully with some fascinating tales to tell!